Monday 11 February 2013

Langside Halls, Shawlands







I was working up at Landside Halls the other week using one of the spaces and wanted to post a few pictures of the buildings interior features, as its an amazing building full of masses of lovely original features from various periods. Its a victorian building though has different phases of interior design throughout from Victorian, 30's, 50's through to 70's details.. I had meant to take loads more and have just realised the second one down is a bit crap, doesn't do the hall justice at all.

The building is full of a number of Halls and smaller spaces.. I'm sure they do gigs here, as a few of the spaces have stages and would be great for live music.

The first photo reminded me of the Aumbrys in Catholic Churches I was so used to seeing as a child, these kinds of interior inlets always evoke the same nostalgic feeling in me oddly. Despite my loathing for Catholicism..

No comments:

Post a Comment