Monday 21 February 2011

Charity shop curtains


There are loads of fabrics and products in general, out there at the moment, doing the whole shabby chic thing. The trend is kind of coming to its end now, but I'm still seeing faded toile prints everywhere, annoying - only so, because it means I have to fight so much harder to make my textiles special.
These anyway, are a pair of curtains purely aged and worn with time.. which is such a lovely thing. They're covered in sun spots and watermarks and in areas the colour has been almost completely bleached out. Honestly though, these aging affects can be created, so I had to sneakily unpick the seam to compare the unexposed fabric to confirm the aging was indeed natural and not man made! The curtain hooks were all scuffed and ancient looking, so thats another clue.
While I find all of this interested and perfectly normal to ponder over with myself... I can't help but cringe a bit as I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment